Opinion – Illustration Friday – I Talked To A Crow Today

i-talked-to-a-crow-todaysm

I never met a crow that didn’t have an opinion about one thing or another!

This is a piece I did earlier this year.

The following poem accompanies it.

I talked to a crow today,

or rather, he talked to me.

I’m not sure what he was going on about

but he did go on and on and on.

I talked to a crow today,

he had an awful lot to say.

“Mr. Crow,” I said politely, ” will you please let me get a word in?”

But he wasn’t even listening.

He went on and on and on.

That is the way it is with crows,

and sometimes with people too.

Not really interested in conversing,

but rather in the sound of their own voice.

I listened to a crow today,

he went on and on and on.

1. Wow! I like this a lot. I did a crow too. Must be an opinionated bird.

November 21, 2008 at 3:32 pm

2. This is gorgeous! Wait till Studio Lolo sees it and now I’m going to go see Kate’s crow (from a crow fan in great crow country).

November 21, 2008 at 3:58 pm

3. nice poem and drawing. your opinionate crow reminded me of the one in Uccellacci and Uccelini (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqpVJxulV18 … I couldn’t find the dubbed version). In the Pasolini’s movie, however, the crow, who speaks the voice of the left wing intellectual, ends killed by its listeners, killed and probably eaten as well!
    Your drawing is much more delicate and I am sure your crow will fly safely away, once its speach is fully delivered!
    great

November 21, 2008 at 4:07 pm

4. You took the idea right out of my head! I paint ravens all the time and use them for my Illustration Fridays whenever possible.
    This is stunning!!!! Is it on your Etsy shop? I’ll have to check 🙂
    Now, back to the drawing board for my idea. Hmmmmm.

November 21, 2008 at 4:19 pm

5. Fabulous illustration and your poem is really thought provoking…in a rather gentle way. Lovely!

November 21, 2008 at 5:15 pm

6. wonderful! i love your style!!!

November 21, 2008 at 5:57 pm

7. Those opinionated crows!
    Your work is always so fresh.

November 21, 2008 at 8:39 pm

8. this is super-fantastic, wonderfully good! bravo! looooooove both the image and the poem! this brings such a smile to my face! now i’m going on and on and on…

November 21, 2008 at 9:56 pm

9. OOOOHHHHHH OH
    It is fantastic Maria
    how amazing Word Girl
    I love this painting , love this story

November 22, 2008 at 12:30 am

10. Very nice work!

November 22, 2008 at 1:12 pm

11. This is stunning, the patterns, colours and line work. A beautiful composition.
    Love the poem too.

November 22, 2008 at 2:47 pm

12. I like this painting a lot. Nice atmosphere in it. Wll done!

November 23, 2008 at 2:07 pm

13. Kat

I love your illustration and story. Both really well done! I told someone once that they loved the sound of their voice. It didn’t go over very well. Oh well, they needed to hear it.

November 25, 2008 at 5:46 pm

14. I always look forward to your IF entries. Your work is so beautiful and inspiring.

November 26, 2008 at 3:42 pm

15. Hola, Maria Pace,
    That sound a little spanish, your name 😉

I am impressed by your pictures, they are such wonderfull! Wonderfull! I love them, colours, techniques, expressions,,
    And how about your text here! It is fantastic, Haw many times you find yourself in the place of this boy! – And I hope never will be the Crow! 🙂
    Regards,