Wallpaper Jungle – Almost Done

28″x36″ mixed media on clay board. This one has been sitting on my easel for a while. I think that I am really close to being done.

Some details

Also, I am now a part of Top Artists Directory. Check it out, it is a really cool blog! You can find me under ‘M’!

1. Beautiful painting! What is that sparkle on her dress made of ?

March 15, 2010 at 1:57 am

2. Thanks so much!
    Golden acrylic mica flakes.

March 15, 2010 at 4:29 am

Beautiful…it’s as if she’s glowing with the inner essence of her own true moonlight (feminine wisdom)….

March 15, 2010 at 5:16 am

4. So beautiful! Do you use your children as models?

March 15, 2010 at 11:40 am

5. I adore this piece! I pulls me back to being a young girl and all of the playful emotions and imagination that come with that. You have done such a beautiful job with this one. Love the size too!

March 15, 2010 at 2:04 pm

6. Thanks everyone.
    Shelly, it does have a moonlit feel to it, I thought that too.
    Dawn, I do use my girls, mostly Imogen (because she actually models for me and doesn’t just give me the top of her head!). However, I don’t really want it to look like them, I really use them for light references and body positioning.
    Thanks Michele, I am so glad that it does that because that is what each of these paintings do to me. Take me back to my girlhood, all the while I am thinking about my girl’s future.

March 15, 2010 at 3:14 pm

7. Hello again.Very beautiful this painting.I would like to ask you something.You never paint on canvas?I love your faces,because they are not very defined,you mixed different colours,and with that you can obtain the perfect efect.I am trying do the same,but on canvas the colours don’t mixed so easily.Can you give me some help?If you could,please visit my site to see what i’m trying to say.It is http://www.flickr.com/photos/inessobreiro
    Thank you so much for your attention,and you are my inspiration,it is WONDERFUL your work.xoxo INÊS

March 15, 2010 at 6:18 pm

8. juliebroom

Maria, you make such beautiful marks in your paintings. This one just glows, sparkles and delights.

ps: I am thrilled with my little ACEO thank you so much. xx

March 15, 2010 at 7:11 pm

9. Christine Martin

I love it sooooooo much. Can’t wait till you call it finished.

March 18, 2010 at 1:39 am

10. Hi Maria

absolutely love this one, her face is magical, hope to see you when you come to visit Victoria – want to buy one of your works, will tallk to you when you are down here okay

luv Aunty Pat

March 19, 2010 at 12:12 am

11. Thanks again!

Aunty Pat, Looking forward to seeing you guys … back to packing …arg.

March 19, 2010 at 4:42 am

12. Joanna Miller

OMG – I think your artwork is wonderful – all of it – I love this one too!! WOW you are so talented! beautiful – all of them!!!!

April 29, 2010 at 11:57 am