The Bride

This is a 6″x12″ mixed media painting on paper canvas, framed with a black floater frame.
This paintings is $155 + shipping and is available to purchase HERE.

1. Stunning….. Takes my breath away. For all of their 43 years of marriage my dad called my mom his “Bride”. I love that word. It speaks of a tenderness and youth. Love and passion. Potential and dreams.

April 28, 2010 at 4:54 am

2. Lynn Mamet

I collect art and have many unique and wondrous paintings in my home. They make me think and smile daily, but…Maria’s work touches a place in me that has not previously been touched. Her fluidity of line, a look in the eyes, a sense of depth are all magnificent. This painting is no exception.

April 28, 2010 at 4:55 am

You give us just enough information to keep us intrigued, and let us fill in the rest with our imaginations…like the suggestion of her bouquet…and the newsprint collaged on her dress (my imagination is running wild)…

This painting has many stories, and they are different for each of us…it’s a classic.

April 28, 2010 at 5:38 am

• Shelly, last night when I looked at this it was on my Iphone. I could see it’s incredible beauty, “the suggestion of a bouquet”… but some of the details were not so obvious. When you comment on Maria’s paintings I often find myself thinking that you are in my head, and then again you also point out other things I haven’t seen. I love seeing her work through your eyes.

I am not sure if that is newsprint but it looks like it and it is so nostalgic. Throwing back to a time when we announced our nuptials in the society pages and saved the local paper from the day we were wed. My sister was married on the day Dianna died. We all bought a copy of that paper….

April 28, 2010 at 11:04 pm

4. Your beautiful work is just fascinating! I love checking in on your site to see what great characters you have created. The vivid colors give your paintings even more life. Lovely!!

April 28, 2010 at 12:18 pm

5. WOW, these comments are overwhelming. Thank you.
    I am a little choked. It is one thing to paint something that people ‘like’ but to be able to paint something that people ‘get’ is something entirely different. To be rewarded with such beautiful words for something I do because I love to seems more than any one person deserves.

I love you guys. I feel spoilt.

April 28, 2010 at 3:36 pm

• Shelly

Truly authentic art is imbued with a piece of the artist’s soul. Thank you for sharing your soul and imparting to us the myriad of emotions that are our birthright….emotions that enrich our life’s journey.

April 28, 2010 at 6:46 pm

6. Well Maria, this is truly beautiful, where are her thoughts at this moment in time, is this the beginning of new dreams? is this the moment captured in time that reminds us all of the day we too were the Bride – with this look of expectation for a future that holds no boundaries with the partner who will walk the road with her

lovely just lovely