Paper Dolls

This is a 12″x16″ mixed media painting on canvas. The sides are 1.5″ and are painted red with some paper doll cut outs. This painting is SOLD

Paper Dolls

I wish I could cut a pattern out for you.
Pin it together.
Sew it.
So you could be it.

I wish I could cut a pattern out for me.
So I could know it.
So I could be it.
So you could be it.
So you could know it.

I wish I could cut a pattern out of you.
So I could have it.
So I could always have it.

1. juliebroom

Wow Maria, this is a fantastic piece both in terms of the idea and how it’s executed. Wonderful.

June 5, 2010 at 3:28 pm

2. This is outstanding, I am so inspired by the paperdoll backgrounD, WOW!

June 5, 2010 at 4:12 pm

3. Rachel

Wow! this is an incredible piece. Its visually stimulating, great with the negative space of the cut outs and I love how it goes with the poem.
    The thing that I noticed and I’m curious about is if you chose the pages of the dictionary that you used to make the cut outs because of the words? I noticed that they are “in-words”… “Indecent”, “Informal”, “Incentive”, “Inequality”, “Instill”, or if this happened by chance.

June 6, 2010 at 3:20 am

4. Another special piece from you Maria – I find these visits here inspiring.

June 6, 2010 at 9:57 am

5. Hey, thanks everyone.

Rachel, I just let the word happen by chance. I think that it is more interesting that way. I always like the dada/surrealist idea of using chance in art (or using chance to create art). I don’t think that I would have picked any of those words, or the words within the definitions but now, certain words pop out at me and are more significant than hand picked words would ever have been.

June 6, 2010 at 5:11 pm

6. I love how you mix collage with painting… so cool.

June 7, 2010 at 3:57 am