Starring; My Ego

This is a 12″x16″ mixed media painting on clay board. It is $375 and is available HERE. If you have any questions about purchasing this piece or about my lay away plan, please email me maria@mariapacewynters.com

I have to be honest, my ego has been giving me a beating lately. I guess it knew I would be willing to listen. When it sees an open door, it doesn’t wait around for a formal invitation. So, yes, I have had an unwelcome visitor, and it has been a really, really bad house guest … criticizing my ideas, questioning my talent, and telling me I’d never paint another good painting.

My ego even started to unpack its bag and hang its things in the spare closet. I saw its toothbrush next to mine in the bathroom, dirty clothes in the hamper, underpants hanging over the towel rack. Its presence could be seen at every turn.

What could I do? I decided to bring in the big guns.

Did you know that The Red-Head eats egos for breakfast? Me either.

Thanks Red-Head, you are my savior and you really can kick ego!

* This blog is not 100% accurate. Some things may be exaggerated or untrue, the idea of a spare closet in my house, for instance, is completely ridiculous!

1. Chris wynters

Yeah…that’s my closet.

August 2, 2010 at 10:38 pm

2. Sarah Bowie

Let’s invite all our negative-influence egos to a pretend party, lock the outside doors and BEAT THEM UP! You’re right Maria, our inner critics come in at weak times and they feed on our blood like mosquitoes, LOL. I need to find my writing equivalent of your redhead.

August 2, 2010 at 10:54 pm

3. Hilary

Love the painting and the writing is very thought provoking. Glad the ego got sent packing!

August 3, 2010 at 12:14 am

So then, the Red-Head would be your alter ego? With a ferocious stare-down like hers, who wouldn’t want her on their side??!
    *ahem*…is that GOLD on the upper right of your painting? GORGEOUS!

August 3, 2010 at 3:19 am

5. Thanks everyone, I appreciate it.
    Yes, Shelly, gold with a crow scratched into it. Can you see that?

August 3, 2010 at 4:25 am

• Shelly

Yes! I see the crow!…,gold AND a crow…*swoon*…this painting has a powerful story to tell…I love the half painted lips…perhaps some things are better left unsaid, channeled into creativity..

August 3, 2010 at 9:04 pm

6. This is a lovely piece, both your painting and words.

August 3, 2010 at 1:45 pm

7. Love this…would like to borrow that ego killing red-head over my way to kick butt. congrats on the new website!

August 3, 2010 at 11:13 pm

8. Mistie

Thank you for sharing. And as a red-head who sometimes feels the same way, I’m glad your alter-ego is a red-head.

August 4, 2010 at 12:19 pm

9. Wow I have the exact same visitor – weekly at least.
    I LOVE your work and it inspires me. It is so original and full of life and expressiveness. (What is it about feeling like I’ll never do a decent painting again – I hate that!)
    Warmly,
    Amy

August 4, 2010 at 11:43 pm

10. THANKS!
    YES! RED-HEADS ROCK!

August 5, 2010 at 1:14 am

11. Gawd, your ego is a slob. Knickers on the towel bar? I wouldn’t put up with that shit either. Love you. Love your fragile ego and this brash redhead. Love all parts of what makes you so authentic. Love this painting.

August 6, 2010 at 6:06 pm

12. did this ego really plan to visit me in Victoria too, I have a closet full of doubt, criticism, no talent in this body, questions about any talent existing in my fingertips. ready to pack it in full stop. Would welcome the redhead into my home in an instant, send her along would you please oh please – of your talent I have no question at all, and your beautiful writings hit the heart with a bang. Oh bye the bye this is the most beautiful work of art, love it loads

hugz