Feeling Grown Up

This is a 6″x8″ mixed media painting on paper covered canvas. This sides are .75″ and are painted tangerine. This painting is $73 and is available HERE.

I wrote this yesterday, Scarlett’s first day taking the school bus to school:

She is excited for the adventure but nervous too.
Is this normal mama?
‘Yes, my darling’, I try to answer but she is already moving up the stairs of the enormous school bus.
‘Hey’, I think,’ I am not ready yet.’
But she is.
This morning as she put her clothes on for school, she announced ‘I feel grown up today’ and then later, waiting for the bus, she said proudly ‘ I am four’.
I have tried to say ‘I am forty two’ with as much pride but I think I need a little more practice.

1. scarabsounds

It IS an awfully big bus. So much for our carbon footprint. Lovely painting, though.

September 8, 2010 at 5:29 pm

2. Fantastic, really really love this painting

September 8, 2010 at 6:36 pm

3. This is so beautiful! You manage to capture so much personality without worrying about adhering strictly to realism…. I love it. My little girl is almost eleven months old now, so starting school is one of those things that feels so far off but I know is closer than I can imagine…

September 9, 2010 at 12:37 am

4. Mistie

This made me tear up just a little bit. Thank you for sharing.

September 9, 2010 at 2:31 am

5. Thanks for your comments … I must say, I teared up a bit writing it.

September 9, 2010 at 3:30 am

6. Kirsten Fuchs

Love your work! Beautiful!

September 9, 2010 at 10:47 am

7. Maureen Boucher

I just received this beautiful painting in the mail! I love it! It makes me so happy!I can not stop looking at it! It reminds me of all the children in my 1st grade class! You are my favorite artist and I am very picky! I look at your blog and daily painters everyday :). Have a wonderful evening! 🙂 ~Maureen

October 4, 2010 at 10:50 pm