The Dreamer (Overwhelming Beauty)

This is a 48″x48″ mixed media painting on paper covered canvas. The sides are 1.5″ deep and are red.
This painting is available HERE

Sometimes I look at my children and am overwhelmed by their beauty. Their beautiful innocence. As a mother I want to try to protect this beauty, to keep it as long as I can. Sometimes I wonder if my protection is a burden that I make them carry around. Sometimes my quest for perfection has opposite result, as with most things, forcing things to work or to fit ‘naturally’ doesn’t often work at all. When you are so uptight about making everything ‘just so’, you can miss all the other stuff. It may not be what you were planning but can be surprisingly better than you ever imagined. Sometimes we can’t possibly dream big enough and we have to know when to let go of preconceived ‘dreams’ and let life unfold. I know that the quest for beauty in my life will never end. I can’t help but romanticize things, it is just who I am. I am a dreamer but I am also a bit a of a control freak. I hope that I can step back and let my children dream too. Their own dreams, not my idea of what their dreams should be.

1. Tanya C.

This is stunning! Love it!

October 19, 2010 at 10:31 pm

2. Hilary

Love it! Love it! Love it! And your thoughts on Dreams for our Children are so thought provoking. Thank you

October 20, 2010 at 12:13 am

3. Sheri

Maria, This is beautiful! I love the flowers and butterflies; gorgeous!

October 20, 2010 at 2:00 am

4. Beautiful. What is paper covered canvas?

October 20, 2010 at 12:17 pm

5. Aida.

this painting is sooo beautiful … and i love what you wrote — beautiful honest thoughts.

October 20, 2010 at 2:55 pm

6. of course your painting leaves me with a sigh at the beauty of your work and then another sigh as to the fleeting childhood our children hold and a third sigh for your beautiful beautiful words in posting!

October 20, 2010 at 4:40 pm

7. Thanks everyone.

(Paper covered canvas is canvas that I have covered in paper.)

October 20, 2010 at 6:47 pm

8. your childrens dreams are so mindblowing when you let go of what you dream from them and listen to their heart, soooo hard to do, trust me on this, isnt family the best!!

luv ya

Aunty Pat

November 3, 2010 at 6:25 pm

• I know you are right, Aunty Pat.
      You need to get back into your studio. If you are working, something will happen.
      I have a dream for you!