Marvel, Dream

This is a 5″x7″ mixed media painting on wood. It is 1.5″ deep and the sides are painted red.
Available HERE

“Each second we live is a new and unique moment of the universe, a moment that will never be again. And what do we teach our children? We teach them that two and two make four, and that Paris is the capital of France. When will we also teach them what they are? We should say to each of them: Do you know what you are? You are a marvel. You are unique. In all the years that have passed, there has never been another child like you. Your legs, your arms, your clever fingers, the way you move. You may become a Shakespeare, a Michelangelo, a Beethoven. You have the capacity for anything. Yes, you are a marvel. And when you grow up, can you then harm another who is, like you, a marvel? You must work, we must all work, to make the world worthy of its children.”
Picasso

Ahhh, Picasso, you were so smart.

maria@mariapacewynters.com

1. Is this piece for sale? I love it.

November 5, 2010 at 11:50 pm

2. Julia wilkes

Amazing!!!! I want..

November 6, 2010 at 12:11 am

3. Mary Braet

I (in addition to your paintings) just love the things you write to go with each painting!!!!

November 6, 2010 at 12:35 am

• I wish I wrote this one!
      That Picasso guy never ceases to amaze me!

November 6, 2010 at 12:41 am

4. Beautiful. I couldn’t agree with Pablo more. And the painting is a marvel too. So thoughtful. That child is not thinking of 2 2. That child is dreaming. Love it. Love some of the things you paint in the wake of your tidal wave for a show. They often feel …..like an outward breath.

November 6, 2010 at 2:08 am

• I like that: ‘ outward breath’… nice.

November 6, 2010 at 2:33 am

5. I’d be interested in something like this for that third painting….I get busy so don’t always have time to check your site…but next time you get another painting similar, let me know. I love the other two I bought!

November 15, 2010 at 1:12 pm