The Star Gazer

SOLD

It is the time of year when we can not help but look to the sky a little more than usual. Whether we are looking for the Northern lights, Santa’s sleigh, the star of David, snow falling from the sky or , as we did earlier this week, a moon cast in the shadow of the earth, we are looking up more frequently.

Looking up feels good. Looking up is good.

When we look toward the sky, it is so limitless and huge it makes us feel small and enormous all at once. It is so empowering to look out into that and know that we are all apart of it. All of us together share that sky. We can all look to the sky whether it be for solace, reassurance, grounding, answers or for peace. It is personal, but looking up to the sky in wonder and amazement is something that we all do, I am certain.

“Why does the moon always follow us, Mama?” my children ask me as they look out the window of the moving car.
“Maybe the moon loves to look at us as much as we love to look at it” I think to myself but am speechless in it’s hypnotic glow.

Just look up, it feels good to look up.

1. John Bergman

one adjective is not enough but it is beautiful!

December 23, 2010 at 7:11 am

2. Dinah Frese

The Star Gazer is so beautiful! It is the embodiment of the magical spirit of the winter season. It is a shame the picture is sold already.

December 23, 2010 at 3:11 pm

3. Thank ou for sharing your beautiful work! Merry Christmas and all the best for 2011!

December 24, 2010 at 8:17 pm

4. Speechless once more, wonderous is the night sky, with its many wishing stars for us to choose

December 25, 2010 at 9:20 pm

5. Hilary

Hooray this was my Christmas present. Thank you so much for this beautiful painting Maria

December 26, 2010 at 2:27 am

6. ecap

guess you could say that Hilary is over the Moon
    What a Lucky Mother (inlaw)
    Enjoy it Hilary you deserve it

December 26, 2010 at 5:47 pm

7. Hilary

Definitely “Over the Moon” Now the Star Gazer is home I am getting to know her and can see the depth in this painting. She seems to be up there in the night sky! I love it……

December 28, 2010 at 4:05 pm