The Scarlet Harlequin

6″x8″ mixed media painting on clayboard. The sides are painted red and are 2″ deep.

This painting is available HERE.

Gosh, I love clayboard. I know that I have said it before but it is soooo amazing to work on. If you haven’t, you should try. Nothing goes according to plans. You may as well be working with your left hand. It is really good for loosing up, if you feel you are getting too comfortable with your medium and set in your ways. If you paint, you know what I mean. It is a bit of a splurge but it is worth it.

You know what I have been doing lately? I have been listening to books while I paint.  This is another way to get out of your own head while you are painting. If you are listening, you are not thinking (or rather  not listening to your nagging, doubt inducing ego …ha, ha…Take that ego).

1. Absolutely awesome, Maria.
    Today in my little cubby at work, several commented on the collection of your postcards that I have framed….and several know of, or like me, have purchased your works. Sweet!

September 28, 2011 at 4:58 am

2. what a GRAND idea, for a change! the painting is SCRUMTIOUS with color!

September 28, 2011 at 5:01 am

3. that is so beautiful.

September 28, 2011 at 10:58 am

4. Another home run, Maria! The colors are gorgeous, and I especially love the shape of her face. I’d love to know what books you’re listening to as you work. I’m an avid reader always on the hunt for great books.

September 28, 2011 at 11:30 am

5. Thanks for the tip…I plan on trying it tomorrow!

September 30, 2011 at 3:45 am

6. I’m so in love with all of your harlequin girls Maria. A friend picked up a tiny art card of yours and sent it to me from Canada 2 years ago 🙂 I’ve started to listen to audio books in the last month too! They’re rather brilliant aren’t they!

October 1, 2011 at 9:34 am