Ephemera and The Zebra

This is a 24″x 36″ mixed media painting on paper covered canvas. The sides are 1.5″ deep and are painted red.

This painting is available HERE

I want to write about this but AHHHH…. I just don’t have time to give it my full attention. Christmas right around the corner and I just wanted to put this up before I go away.  Perhaps the last painting of the year?  Maybe, unless I get some painting time in the week following Christmas… we’ll see.

I promise to write my thoughts down about this piece when I can untangle them from Christmas gifts, packing and school concerts.  The original will be displayed at THE DEEP FREEZE festival in January …details to follow.

Love,

1. Really really wonderful Maria!! Your work is so rich in detail and atmosphere, it takes my breath away.

Wishing you and yours a most wonderful Christmas and all the very best for 2012

x x x

December 20, 2011 at 5:52 pm

• Thanks Gillian. Wishing you and yours a happy Christmas and new year!

December 21, 2011 at 5:19 am

2. Maria!!! This is my favorite painting of yours. The little bird in the girl’s hand is simply precious! I love this.

December 20, 2011 at 11:01 pm

If this painting is the last one you do this year, what a GRAND finale!! Bravo, Maria, BRAVO!!!

Have the most wonder-filled Christmas ever!!

December 21, 2011 at 4:47 am

• Hey, Shelly… we missed our December coffee! Must meet up in January. I can honestly say that reading The Night Circus created some of the magic in this painting. Thanks for the suggestion!

Have a great Christmas and I will see your in 2012!

December 21, 2011 at 5:22 am

• Shelly

Yes…I’ll see you next year!

December 22, 2011 at 5:18 am