Still

This is a 9.5″x5″ mixed media painting on stone paper.

This painting is available HERE

Having fun with the stone paper.  This one is on a heavier weight than the previous paper that I worked on and I have to say it is quite amazing. It does not buckle or cockle when water is applied to it.

Honest, I don’t own shares, but I would if I could!

1. This is just stunning!

January 14, 2012 at 9:34 pm

2. Thanks so much! I really tried to experiment and have fun in the studio today. I am glad that you like it.

January 14, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Love your earthy palette, Maria…which gives me the feeling of a cave painting, like the ones in Lascaux, France. I’m sure if one of those cave painters had had a vision such as this beauty with her penetrating stare, he (?) would have quickly assembled an altar of worship…

When you first mentioned that paper made of stone, in a previous post, I went and purchased some. It’s as smooth as a river stone and as heavy as a rock!! I’m only a stone’s throw away from using it 😉 …but first I will light a torch before I enter the cave…

This painting is penetratingly beautiful!

January 15, 2012 at 4:55 am

4. Shelly, you are such a beautiful writer. Thank you.

January 15, 2012 at 7:07 am

5. This is hauntingly beautiful, Maria! I love the stillness in her eyes… 🙂

January 15, 2012 at 8:45 pm

6. Beautiful as always! I just might have to order some of that stone paper you speak of 🙂

January 16, 2012 at 1:36 am

7. ~the way you can capture such emotion in the face of each you paint is what i find most remarkable…a beautiful sea of colors…much love light and blessings~

January 16, 2012 at 5:21 pm