Crown Of Feathers

Crown-Of-Feathers18″x20″ mixed media painting on wood. The sides are 1.5″ deep and are painted red.

This painting is available HERE

I think that I conjured this warrior up to protect me,  keep my strong and give me faith and grace.  I had not set out to do this.

Often, I say to my paintings “tell me your story”, as I am painting. I never, well very rarely, do preliminary drawings.  I like to draw out (pun intended) the  composition and image as I go along.  I started this painting awhile ago and didn’t go back into it until the beginning of this week. The beginning of this week seems like a million years ago now because on Wednesday my Dr found a lump in my left breast and  time stopped. Still.

And then every conceivable bad thought rushed at me  faster than the speed of light.

When I got home from the Dr., I went into my studio and finished this painting. There she was in her feathered crown, looking out at me with such calm determination that she literally lifted me up.  Funny, when I was going through a rough time earlier in my life, I had painted Guardian angles. These were not your sweet angelic looking angels. I called these my ‘kick ass angels’, they were there  to help me fight my battle.  They were tough, and the meant business.  Created before I even knew I needed her,  I seem to have found another version of my ‘kick ass angels’.  Still donning feathers, still determined and tough, this warrior is here beside me, ready to take down anyone or thing that comes in my way.  Did she come into being to remind me to have faith?  I  have always felt that I am not alone when I create,  that my inspiration is divine and I think this proves that.

Hopefully it is nothing, just a benign lump,  but your mind goes to the worst place instantly.  It just does.

Send me all the good energy you can spare. It is hard not to be scared of the unknown.

I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.

“Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death.” ~Author Unknown

1. Dear Maria,
    I have been following your amazing art journey for years, and have melted at your gorgeous girls and how you incorporate them into your paintings. I may have commented once or twice, but I certainly couldn’t let this post pass without a comment.

My prayers are with you, big time, artist to artist, woman to woman, and will follow all the more closely as your challenges and healing being/continue.

Blessings to you!!!
    Joanie

May 16, 2015 at 2:12 am

2. Deidre Bruhn

Dear Maria,

I have been admiring and following your beautiful art for many years . With all your funny quotes, inspirational poems and photos of your lovely girls , I guess people out here in art land feel like we know you! My heart sank when I read about your news. We all know someone who has suffered or is suffering some sort of cancer but when it is you … as you say life seems to stop. Stay strong and positive . You will have lots of people on your side! Best of luck Maria. Best wishes Deidre( from down under )

Sent from my iPad

May 16, 2015 at 2:27 am

• Thanks Deidre, praying that it is not cancer. Best, Maria

May 16, 2015 at 3:15 am

3. Shelly T.

Sending you Love and Light, Maria ♥ May all be well!

May 16, 2015 at 2:39 am

• Thanks, Shelly, all the best to you. I miss you and hope you are doing well.
      Best,

May 16, 2015 at 3:13 am

4. Kay Chiabotta

I am awaiting one of your wonderful paintings right now but just saw your latest on blog. It’s terrific however I am wring this to let you know I will keep you in my prayers and send all the best energy. May you be strong but allow those closest plus your many many admirers of your art to help keep you lifted up during this fight. Kay C. In Arkansas, USA.

May 16, 2015 at 2:40 am

• Thanks, Kay, I appreciate it.
      Best,

May 16, 2015 at 3:12 am

5. I KNOW prayers help so I will be praying daily for positive outcomes. The pleasure your art brings me and so many other is sure to be rewarded. Blessings – your friend in art. J.

May 16, 2015 at 3:29 am

• Thanks, Julie,
      I know you are right.
      Best,

May 16, 2015 at 4:20 am

6. Vicki S.

Saying a prayer for you. Health and peace.

May 16, 2015 at 3:33 am

7. Maria, your art is just beautiful. I will pray for you. Keep the faith!

May 16, 2015 at 2:42 pm

• Thanks, Donna, I appreciate it.

May 16, 2015 at 4:22 pm

8. This painting is enchanting and serene. It gives no indication of the turmoil you must have been experiencing. I hope you receive reassuring news soon and that the cause of the lump is nothing concerning.

May 16, 2015 at 5:33 pm

• Thanks Laura. I appreciate your good wishes. Best, Maria

May 16, 2015 at 6:26 pm

9. Louise (in Ottawa , Canada)

Maria: my thoughts and prayers will be with you in the coming weeks. I hope that it turns out to be nothing serious.

May 18, 2015 at 2:46 am